Sunday, April 4, 2010

We wish you a Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas at my parents house this year which was really nice. We were all here and we got to spend a lot of time together. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. There is something about the feeling in the air and the spirit that it present that just lifts me up. I love it! On Christmas Eve we all got together and spent the night at my parents. I felt like a little kid all over again but it brought back some fun childhood memories. That night we all gathered around the fireplace and had a spiritual devotional where we each shared a spiritual thought and shared our love for the gospel and our testimonies. We had a friend of Jordan's and my mom's over that night too. Her name is Lily Hargrove...weird, huh? No, we aren't related. She is a very sweet lady who is about 50 some years old. She just fits in like she's one of the family. We love having her around! She shared her thoughts to us about Christmas and she was very open minded about what we believe and how we celebrate Christ's birth. It is so nice to be able to share what you believe with those who don't have the knowledge that we have about life and Christ. We are still working on her and hopefully something will come of it! Christmas morning we all opened our presents then made breakfast and shared what we all got and played games and just spent quality time together. It was a great Christmas! I'm so grateful for the church and the knowledge I have about it and for the love that my father in heaven has for me. I love that at Christmas we can really take time to reflect on Christ and all he has done for us. Merry CHRISTmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment